Help us integrate and support social and emotional learning (SEL) in every classroom, school, district, and community across our nation.
Examples of strong SEL are emerging in schools and districts nationwide. Students are learning skills such as teamwork, perseverance, and empathy along with reading, math, and science. Schools are becoming places where children feel safe, supported, and excited about learning, teachers are energized, and parents are enthusiastic about their child’s education.
With more than 20 years of expertise helping develop the field, CASEL is uniquely positioned to transform this momentum for SEL into a national movement. But we can’t do it alone. To make this a reality for our country and improve the lives of generations of students, it will take collaborators from multiple fields, including educators, policymakers, researchers, parents, civic leaders, media partners, funders, and more.
How you can help
- Ask your local schools, companies, and community organizations to prioritize SEL. It’s what educators, employers, and community leaders say kids need.
- Encourage state and local policymakers to set standards, support local educators, and fund ongoing research.
- Learn more about what leading educators are doing, what the research says, and how policymakers are helping to create the conditions where quality SEL can thrive.
- Use and share the growing number of practical tools, designed for educators and families, and developed by our network of districts and schools.
- Stay up to date through our News section and sign up for CASEL emails.
- Make a tax-deductible donation to support our work.
If you have questions or suggestions that would help to build the SEL movement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Time Is Now
It is time to unite around a powerful new vision of what it means to teach and learn.
It is time that every child benefits from the lasting impact of social and emotional learning.
It is time to call our nation to action to create a powerful new paradigm that will help transform our schools.